Mill Lane leads to The Old Mill, at the end right hand side of the street. Now a private house The Old Mill tower is a Grade II listed building.
“The mill was built in 1868 by Messrs Thomas Cook from Melton, on the site of a previous post mill, for George Robinson. George was also the village maltzer, living in the Malt House, the site of which was opposite the Royal Horseshoes Inn, on what is now Malt House Green, where the war memorial is”, knows David John Hill. “In 1877 John Robinson was the miller and then his son Edward in 1912. The Robinson family sold the mill to Richard and Walter Owen in the 1920’s. The mill was the last operational mill in Leicestershire and Rutland, grinding away until 1962. Although the sails had long been removed and it was powered by a much less romantic oil powered engine.”