Experienced cultural project professional
My passion is connecting people to each other, to their roots in the past and the present, and to the beauty of life itself. Always in search for the perfect light.
I have a no-nonsense managerial style, analytical mind, and a hands-on attitude. As a former journalist my main strengths are in storytelling, media and communication – recording and editing interviews, designing print and websites, and social media.
I do so contributing to a variety of social and cultural projects.
- Managing activities and organize events
- Communication for associations and local communities
- Managing cultural heritage projects – writing the application and obtaining funding, content research, project curating, production, and communication
- Production work for art exhibitions based on my experience as a museum director
My personal interests are reading, cooking, landscape exploring, hiking, photography, and above all living a slow and simple life.
As a freelancer I work as a digital nomad, based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire in the East Midlands (UK).
- Canon – EOS 5D Mark IV
- Canon – EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon – PowerShot SX70 HS
- Canon – Video XF100 HD
- Manfrotto – Travel tripod befree Advanced
- photography and oral history project Travel in Time
- production and communication management for a Dutch-based community project Golfslag
- project support for the Dutch/Belgian Aardenburg Art Festival Biennial
- photographer Woodland Trust and historical researcher Londonthorpe Woods (volunteer)
- field work archaeology group of the Rutland Local History and Record Society (volunteer)
- weekly reports on my slow life on the British Isles for the Belgian online radio show Het Einde van de Wereld (The End of the World) – in Dutch
Please find more information on my LinkedIn profile.