Experienced cultural project professional
My passion is connecting people to each other, to their roots in the past and the present, and to the beauty of life itself. I do so contributing to a variety of social and cultural projects. I manage activities, organize events, and do communication for associations and local communities. I also manage cultural heritage projects – writing the application and obtaining funding, content research, project curating, production, and communication. Lastly, I do production for art exhibitions based on my experience as a museum director.
I have a no-nonsense managerial style, analytical mind, and a hands-on attitude. As a former journalist my main strengths are in storytelling, media and communication – recording and editing interviews, designing print and websites, and social media.
My personal interests are reading, cooking, landscape exploring, hiking, photography, and above all living a slow and simple life.
As a freelancer I work as a digital nomad, based in Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire in the East Midlands (UK). Ongoing projects are:
- weekly reports on my slow life on the British Isles for the Belgian online radio show Het Einde van de Wereld (The End of the World) – in Dutch
- production and communication management for a Dutch-based community project Golfslag
- project support for the Dutch/Belgian Aardenburg Art Festival Biennial
- photographer and historical researcher Londonthorpe Woods for the Woodland Trust (volunteer)
- field work archaeology group of the Rutland Local History and Record Society (volunteer)